Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye Yesterday, Hello Tomorrow.



It is officially 2:47 a.m. on the first day of 2010. Happy New Year! As I sit here, delirious and hungover from excessive amounts of peanut butter balls and punch, I reminisce on the last 23 years of my life. For a cup half full perspective, each year has been better than the one before. I am filled with anticipation of what the new year will hold for me. God has blessed me abundantly and continues to pour out His favor upon me. His promise of plans to give me hope and a future are exceeding every bit of my expectations. I dare to even imagine what He has in store for me this year. Tonight I leave any and every expectation or preconceived notion behind. Tonight I exhale and brace myself fo
r the unknown. The possibilities are endless with the Lord in the driver seat of my life. Tonight, I leave yesterday behind and eagerly look forward to what tomorrow holds. Tonight I am going to bed overly satisfied, fully content, and incandescently happy. Tonight, I enter 2010 fully trusting God and ready for the plans He has for my life to begin. My plans for the new year along with my resolutions are getting thrown into the trash. Who really carries them out anyways? Instead, I'm leaving my plans up to God. They're in His hands to do with them as He pleases. This year I'll live by one motto and one alone. "Plan to be surprised". It's the theme to one of my favorite movies Dan in Real Life. So, I end 2009 with one request from the Lord-surprise me God, I plan to be surprised. Goodnight and goodbye 2009, Hello and Good morning 2010 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment